Saturday, October 19, 2013

An extra ordinary day!

Well, it is not everyday one can be invited to visit a 94 years old lady. In addition, it was her birthday that day.

It started when my older friend asked me to drive her to her aunt, the 94 years old lady, so  that she could bring her flowers and a cake. So after  work, we went to a flowershop to buy a bouquet for the birthday celebrant.

While my friend was busy choosing flowers, I took the chance to take some pictures around  the flowershop. I just used my phone, so the pictures are not so clear.
                                                       Here are some of them:










Decorations for the season


Anyway, when we arrived at the house where my friend's aunt lives, we found  this dear old lady  still wearing her bathrobe. She just finished taking a bath. But we didn't mind. Her boyfriend was there too. And take note, he is only 77 years old. It must be love. They have been together for 28 years now. He was the one who served us coffee, tea and cakes. He helped her too in baking apple cake. Apples were from his own tree. This dear old lady is just so adorable. Fun to talk with and still very much up to date.

Anyway, she got many flower bouquets that day. White roses were from my friend.

Being with this lovable couple who loves each other dearly despite of the age gap was really special for me.

She told me that he wants to collect antiques, that is why he chose her:)

This dear old lady has this beautiful scenery outside her window. 


Anyway, I am still busy doing some things with my hands like:

Christmas cards


This little Santa. An idea if one wants to give money as a gift....

                                      Pancakes I made for the elderly at work.


Tomorrow, we are going to have Sunday worship meeting, so  I baked vanilla buns to be served with coffee to those that will come.

before 

after



Of course, my hubby deserved to be served first.


Vanilla cream filling inside. Hmmm.  My hubby was satisfied:)


Saying goodbye with this picture. Yes, the snow came in October!


Thought for the day

We are never too old to serve God

JOY

34 comments:

  1. Awww.. ang sweet at nakakatuwa naman po yung binisita nyong couple, Mommy Joy :)) that's what is called, eternal love :))

    looks yummy po yung vanilla bun na binaked nyo hehe. *sabay hablot ng isa* :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ang gaganda rin ng flowers at may snow na rin. nice! feeling Christmas na talaga :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks Fiel-Kun. Your visit and comments warms my heart:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Så mange flotte blomar!
    Og kjekt å kunne glede andre med besøk og blomar!

    Vaniljebollane såg veldig gode ut :-)

    God helg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tusen takk Refleksjon på livsvegen.
    God helg til deg også:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ang taray ni lola may bf pa talaga ha. Love nga naman. Mukhang masarap yung bun. Paano gumawa ng vanilla filling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hi. Love talaga:) ready made na yong vanilla filling. I just bought it anak:)

      Delete
  6. beautiful flowers! and happy birthday to the lady there.. such a sweet lovestory. wish to have one like that... sweet! hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fallenrhainnes;) sweet nila talaga. Hope me and hubby will still be pretty much in love that time like them:)

      Delete
  7. Vanilla bun, first time I heard of that.. looks tempting esp the filling

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another reason for me to visit you over there. I also wanted to meet people like your new friends because one learn many things from them. They are absolutely adorable based on your descriptions.

    The creative you is really radiating towards here that I am thinking of making my own cards as well. The pancakes and buns look yummy. And snow in October, seems just too early. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I believe you can make wonderful cards Jonathan especially you that can paint and draw. Good luck! Looking forwatd to see your works:)

      Delete
    2. Jonathan when you are able to visit Joy don't forget to have a taste of all her yummy-looking cakes, pancakes, pastries and those vanilla buns. Then please write about them. I'm sure if I read your posts about them it's the same like tasting them by myself :)

      Delete
    3. There you are, now will be a food bloggie. I have to ask permission first if I could visit. I will surely write about it.

      Delete
    4. Hi hi. Baka ma dissappoint ka Jonathan:)

      Delete
  9. Your elderly friend sounds like such a hoot, and what a lovely view she has!

    Snow in October? Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaw 94 Joy - we're going there hopefully with our current sweethearts and still tweetums ha ha.

    May I have some of those pancakes and vanilla buns please?. It looks so yummy with coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so lovely , those pancakes look yum............. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photos with your phone were awesome, and I loved your story about the 94 old woman and her young boyfriend. The vanilla buns look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw the flowers from your instagram posts, ang gaganda. at ang couple na binisita nyo, laki ng age gap pero sa kwento mo, mukhang they are happy and contented with each other, kakabilib! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a nice lovely couple! She must be so smart,I think and you had a wonderful meeting.
    Flowers are very beautiful. I can feel the sociable atmosphere.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a beautiful post this is - the flowers, the love story, the vanilla buns with the cream filling in the middle, the pancakes, the cards you are making - you are a very creative woman. I am really proud of you being my kababayan... And the scene outside the old lady's home was just beautiful! Snow in OCtober - well that is really nothing to be surprised about. Even here in VIrginia USA where I am visiting at the moment, the temps suddenly dipped, and we are now in the low 30's (1 degree centigrade) - for me that is REALLY REALLY cold. It was a joy to visit you this cold morning, dear friend. My blog friends really warm my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Iloveit , wow snow na sa inyo never ko pa na experienced yan mommy joy pati yung ginawa niyo , sana pag uwe niyo magbake po kau pra sa PBO at para sa mga kids , i smell white christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope I can be a part of the outreach too Kulapipot. Thanks for the visit:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. ang ganda nung flowers! at nakakagutom! ^_^

    glad to have found my way here again joy! god bless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Thanks Perrine Renoir. Glad you came back:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just needed rest, stepping out of the picture, be off-the-grid. but thank God I'm back. Will follow this blog with this account. :)

      Delete
  20. Joy, it's wonderful that you are so creative and willing to help others in the process. Those buns look really nice so I can just imagine it was a great treat for the church. It's also a good idea to make your own cards because it not only saves on money in the long run but it's your own original design for the person you are giving it to.

    As usual you always post some beautiful pictures of flowers, and I send my birthday greetings to the 94 year old woman. I bet she's seen a few changes in this world. And she has a lovely view from her home too, nice and calming.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for the heartwarming comment Rum - Punch Drunk.
    This 94-year old woman is really admirable. She is an artist too and painted awesome arts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and your comments are very well appreciated. It is like a cold glass water in a warm sunny day! Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...